Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Do You Wanna Play?

It's been awhile but I'm still painting. I've been working in both watercolors and oils, preparing for an upcoming show in Los Olivos in October. Getting nervous, so today I set up a still life (above) and painted just for me. I spend a lot of time daydreaming about a still life idea, then about an hour setting up the darn thing (thinking about composition, values, color, etc). By the time I finish the prep work, the painting sometimes seems to paint itself.

Today I decided to paint 2 small paintings of this still life as I  found it fun. I found this spotted giraffe last week in California and fell in love. The egg? Well, a Sharpie marker quickly made it a fun participant in this still life. I liked imagining the story behind this scene. I hope you also find a fun story here.


No comments:

Post a Comment