Thursday, April 19, 2012


"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."   
Nikos Kazantzakis


This morning has nothing to do with painting, and everything to do with life and art. It was one of those oober-early awakenings that happen to mid-life women (and men?). My eyes popped wide open at 3:something and since my mind was excitedly chatting about something in my studio I decided to get up and do something to match this energy. Sooo, I made some tea and grabbed my laptop for some inspirational browsing of artist's blogs. I opened a window to hear the rural world waking up and am now sitting here quietly.

Want to know what I've heard outside? It started with coyotes in the distance about an hour ago. I love listening to those forlorn, yet chatty conversations. I know! It means they are about to eat, but I'm not thinking of that side of life right now. Then the concert progressed to tree frogs, some other critters that I can't name and now I hear birds; lots of birds as they join in.

I read the quote above while reading today's entry from Heron Dance (www.HeronDance.org). I love the way the author's words translate the quiet bliss of this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment