Sunday, September 1, 2013

September's Flight

I love September! It reminds me of a new start- probably a remnant from many years past (new school years starting with fresh books, teachers, and new hopes). This September I'm taking on a 30 day challenge by artist Leslie Sateta (her link will be below).Why? To get myself back into my studio. Life tends to get in the way of art, other priorities constantly pull me away from what I love. 

My goal is  to paint each day, complete the painting- whether it's a study or finished piece. No rules- I can paint in any medium, just so I get back to enjoying the process. What am I going to paint? No rules, right? :-)

Today's piece was done on my back deck, watercolor study of a friend. 


It's not too late for you to join so clink on the link to Leslie's challenge.  http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/2013/08/getting-ready-for-30-paintings-in-30.html

1 comment:

  1. I love this Karen! Day two is wonderful as well, and I love the flowers in your day 3. So glad you were able to have some fun after a long day! It is going by

    ReplyDelete