Friday, February 26, 2010

The Offering Basket


Well, I have finished the painting of this wonderful, elderly and quite thoughtful woman from Bali. Another lesson on 'overdoing it' with watercolor as I feel I have lost some of the freshness (or the white of the paper shining through) in her yellow robe and hands. That is SO easy to do in watercolor! I enjoy certain areas such as the free-form batik-like pattern in the top half. I like the final product of her expression also. Actually, I enjoy all of the top half! It is the bottom half that I find a bit uninteresting. Hmmmm. That may be some Freudian thought due to my own body image.......anyway....moving on for now, but you may see this thoughtful woman resurrected on a full sheet of watercolor paper, with a goal to be completed in no more than two sittings.
Off to capture some other images of Bali. What a beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment