Friday, July 30, 2010

Another finish to 'This Just Made Me Smile'

I spent another hour or so today tweaking this painting. I felt the white flowers (or white, negative space) needed some more work. I also got lost in some line and color work (applied by large watercolor crayons, no less!). Now I feel better calling this completed.
Thanks for sharing comments and opinions on my last post. I found it interesting that a few more of you enjoyed the more representational painting.
I am finding that this looser, feeling-type of style suits my moods anymore. The tighter, photorealistic paintings were a big part of my past, but my paintings lately seem to be filled with a sense of abstract color and large, flowing brushwork.
This painting is now matted, propped in my studio and guess what? It still makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment