Friday, August 20, 2010

Glenda, Elizabeth, Karen and a colorful Elephant named Mena!


Well, it looks like there are four of us in this art group. However, the elephant was just a guest....This was taken at Arts On Grand in Spencer, Iowa at our reception a few nights ago. Delivering and hanging the show was hard work, but alot of fun. Arts on Grand did the managing/food/drink stuff and did that well. Our job was to deliver over 50 paintings (many large) and hanging them with levels (or whatever those devices are called...). I learned so much, was thankful for the help from the gallery and my art friends and from Jay (Liz's husband) who was a trooper and hung all of the paintings with us! I do think he may have been the reason we ran out of wine for a bit during the show.........OK, I didn't see him drink one drop, but just thought of that!
Spencer is a warm, cheery and upbeat town with interesting and kind citizens. I stayed at a B&B called The Wild Rose nearby in Spirit Lake and that was a bit of heaven. It was large, quiet, and my back porch looked out onto a water garden and a large pond. The breakfasts were wonderful and quick. I had a tasty, hot, egg/cheese dish with warm, home-made cherry scones on my 2nd morning. The rooms are comparable to the more expensive rooms that I have stayed at on the coast. Can you tell that I had a good experience in NW Iowa?

No comments:

Post a Comment